My focus is editorial photography with an eye for the humanity in the subject. My work is suitable for a range of editorial, NGO, and documentary outlets.
I have photographed in more than 35 countries worldwide, in a wide variety of environments and situations from wars to sporting events, from back alleys to luxury resorts, and from cities to remote deserts. I am skilled at gaining access to people and areas to photograph the story. I am well-versed in providing imagery in a timely and dependable fashion from even the most remote locations. I am fully trained, insured, and equipped to work around the world in a wide range of conditions.
My editorial work has appeared in such diverse outlets as the Human Rights Watch World Report, The Los Angeles Times, NPR, The New Yorker, Bag News, Telerama, Sputnik News, Zeke Magazine, Social Documentary Network, The Matador Network, The Summit Daily News, The Denver Post, National Geographic Traveler, Le Journal de Quebec, Le Journal de Montreal, The Oslo Times, The Stratford Beacon Herald, The Calgary Sun, The Toronto Sun, WorldMag, Kickstand Magazine, Review of Religions, New Scientist, and Vocativ.com. My archive is currently syndicated by Redux Pictures, and I contribute work to Redux, Polaris, Zuma, and Agence QMI.
My commercial clients have included Western Digital, Otterbox, Arai Helmets, Come Sit Stay Pet Resort, Good Biker, Fresh Agenda, and Luxlow Cycles. My fine art work is represented by Out of the Blue, and Borealis Press, and syndicated throughout the world via such outlets as World Art Group.
- Applied Art’s 2014 ‘Best Portrait Series’ Award (Portraits of the Syrian Opposition)
- American Photography AP30 (Aleppo Struggles On)
- New York Photo Festival (Selected Syrian Portraits)
- Honorable Mention, 2014 Kontinent Awards (Documentary Projects, Aleppo Struggles On)
- Nominated, Black and White Spider Awards 2014 (Photojournalism, Aleppo Struggles On)
- First Prize, IPA (International Photography Awards) Editorial/Conflict (Aleppo Struggles On)
- Best in Show Exhibition, IPA
- Gold Medal, P3X (Prix de la Photographie Paris) for 2014 in the Pro Press/War Category (Selected Syrian Portraits)
- Silver Medal, ND Awards (Special – Panoramic, Panoramic Photographs in and around Aleppo)
- Honorable Mention, ND Awards, (Special – Photojournalism/Story: Surviving a deadly Tornado in Moore Oklahoma)
- Honorable Mention, ND Awards (Portrait: Portraits from Syria)
- Honorable Mention, ND Awards Special Photojournalism Story: (Aleppo Struggles On)
- Lensculture’s Top 50 Emerging Talent Award for 2014.
- Human Rights Watch 2014 World Report Cover
- Small Arms Survey 2014 Report Cover
- Vocativ Article Blackboards over Bullets
My work has been displayed in the New York Photo Festival, Powerhouse Arena, and IPA Best in Show in New York, and in exhibitions in Barcelona, Dublin, Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Seoul, Bangkok, London, New York, Denver, and San Diego.